Scribbles and what nots from Ben

Thursday, June 5, 2008

A toast to pre-officially adult Ben

What makes an adult? Turning 21 and finally realising what you want/need in life, or is it this thing they call National Service?

Ah... see now i'm at this crucial point in my life where one by one my guy frens are all fast disappearing to serve the nation. So i wanted to do a summary of my life up until now, so if i were to one day die from parachuting or like aids, or maybe even suddenly disappearing without notice for some conjured up reason; I have in this blog something about me.

Born in 1987 to 2 Loving parents in Singapore American Hospital, now East Shore Hospital. Brought up by my Portuguese Eurasian grandparents, baptized and confirmed a Roman Catholic. Sibling to a close brother and annoying as hell sister. Studied in St.Stephen's Primary where i met many great friends whom some are still friends with me till today, started playing soccer then and detiorated into a lazy bum. Aimed for express but unfortunately went into the NA stream in St.Patrick's School where he had one of the best times that according to him already changed him into and adult. Met awesome dudes who till today are still my closest friends. Went into Temasek Poly Design and finally realised what he loved doing. Had alot of fun, too much for it to be considered school. AND now sitting here pondering over the 4 days to my 21st birthday and 8 days to my enlistment into School of Commandos.

If you read all of that. You had to be bored as me now and probably thinking about what you are going to do too. Fret not. Que sara, sara, whatever will be, will be. We are here to turn our 100yrs(or less) of meaningless life into a meaningful one. Be it friends, family or just the things you do. SO i say we stop worrying what we dont have or havent done and start enjoying what we have, this life that we all see it as God given, wrong, think again and never be down another day.

No comments: